Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RECONSTRUCTION & INFRASTRUCTURE | Releases, Notices, Announcements.
All notices, press releases and announcements from the Ministry of Reconstruction and Infrastructure shall be posted here.
Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth I
(formerly known as Regina Ravaillac)
Queen of the Kingdom of the Union of Caputia
[Image: Gnyq9Sl.png]

RECONSTRUCTION AND INFRASTRUCTURE OFFICE
Zalae, Caputia

STATEMENT - Appointment of Gerhardt Eugen Seydlitz.

ZALAE --  As Her Majesty has been pleased to appoint me to the post of Minister of Reconstruction and Infrastructure, and Lord Great Chamberlain, I took my Affirmation of Loyalty this morning from the Prime Minister, after which I attended and participated in my first cabinet meeting.

I must say that these past few weeks have come as rather a shock to me, which may likely be similar to the pace of change we are all experiencing. Barely a week ago, I had just decided to join up and do my part in defending our country, and I was commissioned a Lieutenant in the Royal Caputian Army. On a whim - and I must confess, at the prodding of close friends and relatives - I also joined the National Unity Party and filed candidacy as MP for my hometown, and I was surprised to have won that seat.

Let me tell you a bit about myself. I am Gerhardt Eugen Seydlitz, born and raised in Gotfriedplatz, in the Isles of Caputia. My father was into banking and business - where I come from, the gold mines are a major employer - and my mother worked as a secretary and later on, a housewife. I studied Economics at the University of New Kirriemuir - I was lucky to have been studying my Master's in urban design and urban planning in Alexandria when the civil war was happening. My family was not so lucky. Like most of us, we lost relatives, friends, neighbors.

I do not consider myself a political person. I did not take arms. I was a graduate student. I was there at Geneva, paying close attention to the events that were happening there. Upon my graduation, I rushed home in time to join our good Queen's progress.

I am young, but so is our country. We bear great optimism and hope for the future. We have lost so much. I acknowledge the physical and emotional pain that we individually and collectively share. Now is the time to rebuild, and I ask everyone to join me in this great and enormous effort that is worthy of our sacrifices.
Rt. Hon. Lt. Gerhardt Eugen Seydlitz PC MP RCAR
Minister of Reconstruction and Infrastructure
Lord Great Chamberlain
NUP MP for Gotfriedplatz, Isles of Caputia

Zalae, Caputia

STATEMENT - Construction of Border Security Fence.

ZALAE --  The Ministry of Defense has today issued a statement with respect to the construction of a border security fence alongside the border with Passio-Corum.

I am authorized to disclose that our open border situation was one of the priority issues tackled at Cabinet. The construction of these border security measures is one of the priority measures that the Ministry of Reconstruction and Infrastructure will support.
Lord Great Chamberlain

Zalae, Caputia

STATEMENT - Order-in-Council on Territorial Waters and Border Control.

ZALAE --  Her Majesty's Government promulgated today an Order-in-Council with respect to the Territorial Waters and Border Control of this Kingdom.

Section VI of that measure, among others, provides that, "The usage of raw materials in Caputian waters shall be placed under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Reconstruction and Infrastructure, which owns the sole right to issue permits to Caputian and foreign nationals to extract such raw resources and materials."

The Ministry of Reconstruction and Infrastructure intends to judiciously steward the Kingdom's maritime resources for the sustainable benefit of all Caputians.
Lord Great Chamberlain

Zalae, Caputia

MINISTRY DIRECTIVE No. 1
Permit to Caputian Subjects for Subsistence Fishing.

WHEREAS Her Majesty, by Proclamation bearing date at Zalae, December 4, 2017, was pleased to proclaim that a Privy Council-level Government Ministry shall be created and established within the Realm, called the Ministry of Reconstruction and Infrastructure, and

WHEREAS Her Majesty, by the same Proclamation was pleased to proclaim and charge the aforesaid Ministry with overseeing the task of rebuilding the national life on a better and more durable foundation, dealing specifically with construction, housing, transportation, infrastructure, demobilization plans, and labor relations, and

WHEREAS Her Majesty-in-Council was pleased to promulgate the Territorial Waters and Border Control Act by instrument bearing date at Zalae, December 13, 2017 and

WHEREAS Section VI, 1 of the aforesaid Act provides that "Caputian waters shall be considered Caputian territory and their resources are reserved for the use of Caputian enterprises and companies only. Foreign initiatives must contact the Kingdom of the Union of Caputia to gain access to such materials and pay for the rights to do so," and

WHEREAS Section VI, 2 of the aforesaid Act provides that "The usage of raw materials in Caputian waters shall be placed under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Reconstruction and Infrastructure, which owns the sole right to issue permits to Caputian and foreign nationals to extract such raw resources and materials," and

WHEREAS Section VI, 3 of the aforesaid Act provides that "The extraction of raw materials and resources without proper permission is illegal, and may result in proper legal action against them," and

WHEREAS Section VI, 4 of the aforesaid Act provides that "A tax shall be levied on foreign companies and nationals for extracting raw materials within the Kingdom of the Union of Caputia's waters at a flat rate to be established by Act of Parliament or by Order-in-Council," and

WHEREAS Section IV, 1 of the aforesaid Act provides that "As established by the Armed Forces Act of 2017, the Royal Caputian Coast Guard shall be entrusted during peacetime with the following responsibilities:
a. search and rescue;
b. enforcement of maritime law;
c. safety of vessels;
d. maintenance of seamarks;
e. maritime border control;
f. protection of economic interests of the Kingdom of the Union of Caputia and its natural resources within its sea border areas, territorial waters and internal seas, including prevention of poaching and illegal fishing; and
g. combat any threats to national security in the maritime border areas, including terrorism, illegal immigration and emigration, and foreign infiltration," and

WHEREAS Section III, 4 of the aforesaid Act provides that "The Kingdom of the Union of Caputia shall maintain the right to intercept all incoming transmissions through Caputian waters and search vessels for contraband, illegal substances and weapons. Any vessels not conforming to such searches may be attacked and impounded by patrolling vessels should they fail to comply, their governments then properly notified."

NOW, THEREFORE, I, Gerhardt Eugen Seydlitz, by the authority vested in the office of Minister of Reconstruction and Infrastructure, do hereby direct:

1. That a Permit is granted to all Caputian subjects to engage in limited fishing activity in all internal and territorial waters of the Kingdom of the Union of Caputia, in accordance with the provisions of this Directive

2. That aforesaid fishing activity may be conducted utilizing vessels of no more than 3 gross tons

3. That aforesaid fishing activity may be conducted recreationally and on shore

4. That the Ministry reserves the right, via Ministerial Directive, to declare the suspension of fishing activity in certain internal or territorial waters, in the environmental or national interest.

5. That the Royal Caputian Coast Guard is authorized to enforce the provisions of this Directive

6. That the Royal Caputian Coast Guard is authorized to impound any vessel in violation of the provisions of the law and this Directive.

WITNESS my hand and seal at Zalae, December 14, 2017.

Seydlitz
Lord Great Chamberlain

Zalae, Caputia

MINISTRY DIRECTIVE No. 2
Call for Volunteers and Inclusive, Participatory Informal Local Planning and Development Committees.

WHEREAS Her Majesty, by Proclamation bearing date at Zalae, December 4, 2017, was pleased to proclaim that a Privy Council-level Government Ministry shall be created and established within the Realm, called the Ministry of Reconstruction and Infrastructure, and

WHEREAS Her Majesty, by the same Proclamation was pleased to proclaim and charge the aforesaid Ministry with overseeing the task of rebuilding the national life on a better and more durable foundation, dealing specifically with construction, housing, transportation, infrastructure, demobilization plans, and labor relations,

NOW, THEREFORE, I, Gerhardt Eugen Seydlitz, by the authority vested in the office of Minister of Reconstruction and Infrastructure, do hereby direct:

1. That the Ministry of Reconstruction and Infrastructure requests all localities within the Kingdom to form a Local Planning and Development Committee, to be composed of residents from all walks of life, with seats for the elderly, the infirm, persons-with-disabilities, children, youth, and other minorities, to convene regularly, preferably weekly, and to discuss and plan what they would like their localities to look like in the future, with provisions for civic spaces such as parks and libraries, and to estimate what resources would be needed

2. That the Ministry of Reconstruction and Infrastructure requests volunteers to begin registering at their Local Planning and Development Committee, and to provide their skills and contact information

3. That Local Planning and Development Committees send monthly updates on developments to the Ministry of Reconstruction and Infrastructure

4. That the Ministry of Reconstruction and Infrastructure will begin accrediting Local Planning and Development Committees based on their inclusivity, level of civic engagement and participation, planning quality, and overall performance 

5. That the Ministry of Reconstruction and Infrastructure is soliciting volunteers, preferably with proven skills and experience in architecture, engineering, urban planning, design, and similar capacities to work for the Ministry until such time that economic measures become law

WITNESS my hand and seal at Zalae, December 14, 2017.

Seydlitz
Lord Great Chamberlain

Zalae, Caputia

STATEMENT - Ministry Directive Calling for Volunteers and Local Planning and Development Committees.

ZALAE --  In accordance with the powers vested with, and authority granted to the Ministry of Reconstruction and Infrastructure by Royal Proclamation, I have today issued a Ministerial Directive calling upon Caputians throughout the nation to form and convene Local Planning and Development Committees.

I have long believed that local residents should have a greater say in how they are governed, and this is no more important than in planning the future of their respective localities. I ask residents, particularly the elderly, the infirm, persons-with-disabilities, children, youth, and other minorities, to come together, discuss, and plan how they would like their localities to look, after say five, ten, or twenty years, to ensure that they have sufficient provision for civic spaces such as libraries and parks, to determine what it is that their communities need, and to come up with a plan that the Ministry can act upon.

Through this Ministry Directive, I also put Caputians on notice that the Ministry is soliciting applications for those who would want to volunteer their time, experience, skills, and services for the greater benefit of their community, and ultimately, the country. Interested individuals may register at their Local Planning and Development Committee, or directly through written letter to this Ministry.

We have a great task before us, but I remain confident in the will, energy, and solidarity of the Caputian people.
Lord Great Chamberlain